The annual celebration of Earth Day on April 22 has inspired countless people to take action for the environment.
You can, too!
Helping the Earth is easier than you think. Small actions can result in big changes over time.
Start by considering your impact on the environment.
- Reduce the amount of waste you generate. Use our Trash Tracker to tally your daily waste.
- Reuse items you might otherwise throw out, especially containers and packaging. Compost food scraps. Find reuse ideas on Pinterest.
- Recycle with CVWMA. We provide residential and drop-off recycling services.
Earth Day Resources
CVWMA Earth Day Education Toolkit
- Word Search (English or Spanish)
- Brain Map 3 Rs
- CVWMA Trash Tracker
- Decomposition Time Match Up
- CVWMA Scavenger Hunt
Recycling Sorting Games – Residential
- Ashland, Col. Heights, Petersburg Sort Game
- Ashland, Col Heights, Petersburg Sort with Words
- Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico Sort Game
- Chesterfield, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico Sort with Words
- Hopewell Sort Game
- Hopewell Sort with Words
- Richmond Sort Game
- Richmond Sort with Words
Recycling Sorting Games – Drop-off
More resources from around the Internet
- Lesson Plans for Earth Day (Source: US EPA )
- LitteratiED and Daily Stem
- Earth Day Resources (US EPA)
- Caring for the Earth and Earth Day Activities: Printables, worksheets and lesson plans for kids. (Source: edhelper.com)
- Earth Day Lesson Plans (Source: EducationWorld)
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt- Bingo Game (free printable) (Source: detriotmom.com)
- Earth Day Resources-2020 (Elem, Middle and High School) (Source: Population Education)
- Recycling Lessons from Recycle Guys
- Reverse Scavenger Hunt (Recycling Partnership)
- National Geographic Earth Day Quiz
- 10 Things I can Do To Help My World (Melanie Walsh)
- The Lorax’s Earth Day (Seussville.com)
- 11 Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Lesson Ideas (Project Learning Tree)