Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. We are sharing activities and resources daily.
Many materials that we use everyday can be reused and recycled. Explore the links below to learn more about recycling and ways you can reduce the amount of trash you throw away.
- R3, CVWMA’s mascot encourages everyone to “Reduce (what you use), Reuse (as much as you can), Recycle (what you can)”.
- Journey To the MRF, a video field trip (5 minutes) – See firsthand what happens to the recyclables once they are collected at the curb or one of CVWMA drop-off recycling collection sites.
- The Virginia Trekkers created an awesome podcast at a local recycling center (or MRF) .
- Do you know what happens to food and beverage cartons once you recycle them? Watch Carton Council educational video.
- Looking for educational videos ? Click here to see what we have made for each of our 13 member localities.
- EPA Planet Protectors Club – Find new ways to reduce how much garbage you throw away. Maybe you can even start a recycling program in your school or community.
- EPA Recycle City Challenge Are you up to the challenge?
- Garbage Dreams/ Recycling Games (PBS.org)
- Litter Critters Learn to Sort and Recycle ( ABCYA.com)Learn the basics of recycling with the Litter Critters! Kids will sort trash into four different litter categories: recyclables, compost, electronic waste, and landfill waste. In Easy Mode, users sort trash into one category of litter at a time. In Hard Mode, users must sort trash into all four categories at once
- Nico’s Quest to Recycle: Kids Recycling Guide (Save on Energy).
- NASA’s Climate Kids: Recycle This
- Recycle Roundup (National Geographic Kids)
- Welcome to Recycle City – Welcome to Recycle City! There’s lots to do here – people and places to visit and plenty of ways to explore how the city’s residents recycle, reduce and reuse waste.
- Reduce Reuse Recycle Game ( TurtleDiary.com) Interactive science game about recycling.
- Super Sorter Game (Keep America Beautiful) Are you a super sorter?
- Litterati- Become an Environmental Hero. Join the Global Team Cleaning The Earth.
- Ollie Saves the Planet – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Rethink what you do.
- Make Recycled Paper ( activity from Recycle Montana)
- Make a shamrock from toilet roll tubes, a bottle cap rainbow and more. Follow CVWMA on Pinterest.
- Kids Can-Do (crafts for kids feature in Richmond Family Magazine)
- Recycled Art Projects – All the projects featured on this site use recyclable, reusable household materials and/or items found in nature.
- Visit CVWMA’s Pinterest page for LOTS of great ways to reuse recyclables to make crafts and projects.