WM began serving the City of Colonial Heights for trash collection in July 2022. This is through a contract with CVWMA.
What You Need to Know:
- Each single-family household receives a trash cart (gray with black lid).
- Bulky waste collections will need to be scheduled in advance.
- Billing is through the City of Colonial Heights.
Use the CVWMA customer self-service tool:
- Schedule Bulky Waste Collections
- Report Missed Collections
- Request Carts (fees may apply)
Select “Colonial Heights” from the drop-down menu. Enter your address, then click “New Service Request.” Select Recycling or Trash category at top.
- Do not park vehicles within 3 feet of your cart. Likewise, do not place carts within 3 feet of your trash cart.
- Items that don’t fit inside your cart are considered bulky waste. This includes furniture, mattresses and box springs, appliances, brush and yard waste, and extra bags of trash.
- Requests for bulky waste collection must be made by 2 p.m. on Tuesdays. Requests made after this deadline will be fulfilled the following week.
- A bulky waste collection is limited to what can fit in the bed of a full-size pickup truck. Loads larger than that will be considered special bulky waste and cost $125 to remove.
- Brush must be tied in bundles no more than 4 feet long and weighing less than 75 pounds.
You can also call 804-340-0900 Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. A customer service agent will assist you.