Meridian Waste is the residential trash collection provider for the Town of Ashland as of July 1, 2019.
Residential Trash collection is available at no additional costs to all town residents. One grey 96-gallon trash cart is provided for each household. Additional carts and/or smaller size (68 gallon) carts are available by special request- please contact our Customer Service by calling (804)425-0500 for more information.
Trash Collection Guidelines
Please follow these guidelines for proper and efficient trash collection.
- Each address is provided one grey CVWMA cart for use.
- Trash must be at the curb by 7:00 am on the scheduled collection day.
- Container should have handles facing house with the front of the cart facing the street
- Container should be 3 feet from any car or mailbox and at least 2 feet of space between multiple containers.
- If cart is full, place extra trash in tied trash bags next to the cart for collection. Only trash in a grey CVWMA cart and tied trash bags beside a grey CVWMA cart will be collected. Extra trash in personal trash cans will not be collected.
- Anything hot (like hot ashes are not accepted.
- Any liquids such as motor oil, anti-freeze, and hazardous wastes are not accepted. Click here for disposal options for these types of waste.
- Construction waste (such as lumber, wire, sheetrock, concrete, etc.)generated during construction, remodeling or repair of pavements, house or other structure are not accepted. Click here for recycling options.
- The maximum weight allowed per cart shall be 200 pounds when fully loaded.
BRUSH and YARD WASTE
- Prunings, grass clippings, weeds, leaves, brush, and general yard and garden wastes must be bagged and securely tied together or bundled. Click here for recycling/composting options.
- Bagged leaves will be collected year round. The limit per collection is up to 30 bags, each weighing no more than 50 pounds. Click here for recycling/composting options.
- Bundles brush will be collected. Brush must be tied in bundles less than four feet in length and weighing less than 75 pounds.Click here for recycling options.
- Limited amounts of bulky trash (like furniture, water heaters and appliances) will be collected at the curb on your regular collection day. The amount should not exceed the capacity of a 1/2 ton pickup truck.Residents must make their own arrangements with a licensed professional to have the Freon(CFC/HCFC) removed prior to placing appliance at the curb for pick-up.
- Collection of large amounts of bulky material (or more than would fit into a pickup truck) must be arranged in advance. For questions about this service, contact the Town of Ashland Department of Public Works: 798-9219.
Holiday Collection Schedule
Trash will not be collected on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Click here for quick reference to holidays that impact trash collection.
When trash collection is scheduled on one of these holidays, service will occur Tuesday.
Trash collection will not be affected by other holidays observed by the Town of Ashland government.