Town of Ashland
Beginning Jan. 16, 2023, WM will be the trash provider for the Town of Ashland.
Trash will continue to be collected weekly on Mondays from existing trash carts.
- Cart placement. Carts must be placed at the curb with at least 3 ft. between parked vehicles and other carts. Lids must open toward the street.
- Bulky waste pickup. Requests for bulky waste collection must be made in advance of trash day. The deadline is 2 p.m. on Friday for service the following Monday. Pickup is still free as long as the load will fit in the bed of a standard-size pickup truck. Larger loads require a fee. See the “Bulky Waste” link below for more details.
Schedule bulky waste pickup through the customer self-service tool, or call 804-340-0900.
Each home and business is provided a 95-gallon trash cart (carts are gray).
Trash is collected every Monday starting at 7 a.m.
Bulky waste includes items such as mattresses, furniture, yard waste, appliances and items too large to fit in the trash cart.
Bulky waste is collected the same day as trash.
Request bulky waste collection in Ashland by 2 p.m. on Fridays for collection the following Monday.
Ashland Requirements for Bulky Waste Collection
- Limited amounts of bulky waste will be collected at the curb on the regular collection day. The amount should not exceed the capacity of a half-ton pickup truck.
- Pruning, grass clippings, weeds, leaves, brush, and general yard and garden waste must be bagged and securely tied together or bundled.
- Bagged leaves will be collected year-round. The limit per collection is 30 bags, each weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Brush must be tied in bundles less than 4 feet in length and weighing less than 75 pounds. Only bundled brush will be collected.
- Residents must make their own arrangements with a licensed professional to have the Freon (CFC/HCFC) removed prior to placing appliance at the curb for pickup.
Schedule a bulky waste collection online.
You may also call 804-340-0900 Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Each home and business is provided with a 95-gallon recycling cart (carts are green).
Recycling collection is every other Monday on Red Weeks.
Make sure your recycling is out by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
× Plastic bags
× Plastic bagged recyclables
× Food-contaminated items
× Sheets or balls of aluminum foil
× Shredded paper
× Hoses or cords
Use the CVWMA web tool to:
• Sign up for recycling day email reminders.
• Obtain a new recycling cart.
• Request a recycling collection calendar.
Town residents may use any drop-off recycling site in Hanover County.
View the county’s website for locations, hours of operation and accepted items for each site.
A Town of Ashland, Hanover County or Public Works decal must be displayed in order to use the sites.
CVWMA partners with Ashland on electronics recycling. Electronics must be recycled through reputable recycling vendors or special community events only.
CVWMA contractor Securis holds an electronics recycling event on the first Saturday of each month at 8419 Glazebrook Ave., Henrico. The event is open to all residents of Central Virginia. Fees apply. For more information, see the calendar of events.
Never place electronics or batteries in curbside or drop-off recycling containers.
Brush and Leaf Collection. The town street crew collects brush and leaves placed at the curb year-round. This yard waste is then chipped into a mulch that is available at the Town Shop to residents free of charge on a self-serve basis. As an alternative and/or supplement to curbside brush collection, the town also encourages composting yard waste.
Other programs offered by the Ashland Public Works Department.