Customer Service Representative, Full-time
CVWMA is seeking a qualified individual to join our Customer Service Team. The ideal candidate will possess critical thinking skills, attention to detail and problem-solving abilities. Must be able to provide top-tier telephone support and demonstrate excellent verbal and active-listening capabilities. See full position description below.
General Definition of Work
Performs responsible skilled administrative support work in providing telephone and online support to residents and local jurisdictions within the Authority’s service area, and related work as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor.
The following functions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Answers customer service hotline; provides program information to the public and contractors via telephone, mail and email and researches inquiries.
- Sets up new service for customers.
- Resolves service-related calls from the public and member jurisdictions concerning recycling and solid waste programs.
- Refers difficult issues to appropriate staff for resolution and response; works with Customer Service Supervisor, Public Relations Coordinator and Director of Operations to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Enters phone calls, faxes, emails and other correspondence into appropriate Authority database.
- Evaluates daily phone log reports to determine call volume and the nature of calls for follow up; reports daily status to Customer Service Supervisor.
- Conducts telephone and/or mail surveys of residents in the Authority’s service area; summarizes results for use in the monitoring of the Authority’s programs and services and provides suggestions for improvement based on these results.
- Files faxes and related correspondence in the appropriate files.
- Assists residents and Authority personnel with the location of Authority resources using local maps.
- Coordinates the delivery of information, collection calendars, stickers and program information to residents.
- Acts as customers’ advocate to ensure issues are resolved appropriately in accordance with Authority guidelines.
- Processes credit card payments for customer orders.
- Maintains an enthusiastic, service-oriented attitude under pressure.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
General knowledge of standard office practices, techniques, procedures and equipment; knowledge of Authority programs and service area; ability to operate standard office machines and personal computer with associated software; demonstrates a high level of customer focus and attention to details; ability to perform detailed record work; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines; ability to understand and follow oral and written directions; ability to read and interpret maps; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors, associates and the general public.
Technical Skills: Proficient with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED with customer service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please send résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.
Posted Dec. 22, 2021