Public Relations Coordinator
CVWMA’s mission is to provide leadership, planning and education that ensures environmentally sustainable, equitable and cost-effective approaches to solid waste management. The Public Relations Coordinator will support CVWMA by creating and coordinating public affairs and education/outreach collaboratively with member local governments and the residents of the region that supports implementation of innovative, fiscally responsible and environmentally sustainable solid waste management practices.
The Public Relations Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive PR and education strategy to carry out the goals and objectives of the strategic plan, which will include promoting CVWMA initiatives and programs and increasing understanding awareness of recycling and solid waste management.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing public awareness campaigns, community outreach and education in accordance with CVWMA’s mission, vision and values.
- Coordinate and compose articles, news releases, public service announcements and publications, including newsletters, literature and various publications.
- Coordinates, creates and manages all published content (images, video, and text) on the CVWMA website and social media platforms. Develops, shares and follows relevant and current content topics and provides consistent communications with the public daily via email and social media.
- Interacts with media and coordinates advertising and news stories relevant to promote programs and services.
- Ensures public image of CVWMA is not compromised.
- Negotiates and administers media, printing and mailing contracts, grants and annual public information budget of CVWMA.
- Manage and supervise staff.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience and best practices in public relations, education and outreach, and community engagement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to communicate and present ideas accurately and clearly
- Ability to work individually and in a team setting and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Supervisory skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, English or related field AND experience in public information/relations or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary dependent upon qualifications.
For questions and/or to apply for this position, send resume, cover letter and any relevant information to Kim Hynes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.