Temporary Full-Time Position
Location: Richmond, VA
Starting Salary: $17 per hour
The Central Virginia Waste Management Authority (CVWMA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Customer Care Representative. CVWMA is a regional public service authority that implements recycling and solid waste management services to 13 member governments.
- High School or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Flexibility to work various shifts/schedules and willingness to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Confident, friendly and professional with a strong work ethic required.
- Responds well to questions; ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents.
- Ability to professionally and calmly deal with a wide variety of customer communication styles required.
- Ability to effectively and accurately communicate in writing and on the telephone required.
- Ability to listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrating empathy.
- Ability to easily maneuver between multiple websites and computer screens.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Must be able to interact well with others.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting.
- Must be capable of working in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, lift, twist, turn and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must be capable of lifting a minimum of 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job.
- The primary responsibility of the entry-level Customer Care Representative is to provide best-in-class customer service.
- This position interacts with customers by telephone or email to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Schedule, verify and investigate residential solid waste collections, facilitate service requests resolutions.
- Identify and overcome customer objections and complaints by responding to inquiries with clarifying information through research.
- Keep management informed, escalating issues as needed.
- Build rapport with customers by greeting them in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Document all contact call or e-mail details in Call Center Application system according to department operating procedures.
- Maintain Quality Assurance requirements and other key performance metrics.
- Participate in all team meetings.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all company-issued equipment in good working order.
- Accountable for immediately reporting internet, power or other connectivity issues to management.
- Contribute ideas on ways to resolve problems to better serve the customer and/or improve productivity.
- Regular attendance is required, varied hours Monday – Friday; 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances.
Employees are expected, and must be able to perform, all such duties and tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel or operate computers and other standard office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, lift, twist, turn and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be capable of lifting a minimum of 20 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.
How to Apply
Complete the electronic application at cvwma.com/apply.
Candidate Screening Process
Previous applicants do not need to re-apply. Applications will remain under consideration until position is filled.