- Aluminum cans
- Plastic bottles
- If your event will be generating other recyclables such as cardboard, please contact us in advance to discuss treatment of these materials.
- Plastic cups –
- Food contaminated items (like food wrappings, paper plates, etc)
- Glass bottles
- Setting up containers at the beginning of the event (one next to each main trash can)
- Monitoring containers throughout the event and changing bags as necessary
- Breaking down containers at the end of the event
- Securing containers and recyclables overnight
- Making sure recyclables are dropped off at one of the Drop-off Recycling Collection sites
- Returning the units in the same condition as when they were loaned (i.e. clean and with all components)
- Email the number of bags of recyclables collected so your deposit check can be returned.
Every year, there are numerous fairs and festivals coordinated by area organizations, businesses and schools. If you have large events, multiple day events or many events over the course of a season or throughout the year, you will need to contact a local company to discuss your recycling options. We do not provide recycling for large venues or private events such as weddings.
Accepted Items include:
Not Accepted Items include:
Small One day Events
CVWMA has 5 Clear Stream containers that can be reserved for loan to be used at very small one day events. Reservations are on a first come, first served basis. We do not provide recycling for medium to large venues or for private events such as weddings (look for venues that already have a recycling plan in place).
Use of the Clear Stream containers are provided at no charge, but a $100 refundable deposit check is required to defray the costs of replacing containers that are damaged or not returned. The requesting organization is asked to pickup and return the Clear Streams at the CVWMA office and to dispose of recycables at local drop-off recycling location after the event.Download Request Form