CVWMA and eight member localities enter a new curbside recycling contract on July 1, 2023.
Some changes are coming to the program as a result:
New Recycling Carts
- Henrico, Goochland and Hanover single-family households participating in CVWMA’s curbside recycling program as of July 1 will automatically receive new 95-gallon recycling carts (click your locality link for details).
- One cart per household will be delivered between May 15 and June 30, 2023. (Already have a cart and don’t need a second one? Let us know.)
- Recycling bins are being phased out, except for in multi-family communities.
Changes to Collections
- Beginning July 1, all recyclables must be placed inside the CVWMA cart for collection. Items placed outside the cart will not be collected.
- Personal containers will no longer be collected.
- Some Henrico County homes will switch from Red Week collection to Blue Week collection upon delivery of new recycling carts. Postcard notifications will go out in April about changes.
Already have a CVWMA cart? Tell us if you don’t want the second cart.
Curbside Recycling in Chesterfield County
- Chesterfield County‘s participation in CVWMA’s curbside recycling program ends June 30, 2023. For information, visit chesterfield.gov/recycling.