CVWMA and eight member localities enter a new curbside recycling contract on July 1, 2023.
The new contract will enhance recycling service for thousands of customers.
We are in the early stages of announcing this program, so please check back for details.
What you need to know
New Recycling Carts
- Henrico, Goochland and Hanover households participating in CVWMA’s curbside recycling program as of July 1 will automatically receive new 96-gallon recycling carts as part of the new contract.
- One cart per household will be delivered in the spring or early summer 2023. (Already have a cart and don’t need a second one? Let us know.)
- Recycling bins are being phased out. They will no longer be collected beginning July 1.
Changes to Collections
- Beginning July 1, all recyclables must be placed inside the CVWMA cart for collection. Items placed outside the cart will not be collected.
- Personal containers will no longer be collected.
Curbside Recycling in Chesterfield County
- Chesterfield County‘s participation in CVWMA’s curbside recycling program ends June 30, 2023. For information, visit chesterfield.gov/recycling.