Calendar Of Events
- This event has passed.
Prince George Clean Community Day
April 16 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Prince George Clean Community Day is held for Prince George County residents to dispose of hazardous waste, tires and certain unwanted items free of charge. Adopt-A-Highway volunteers also will be out on local roads picking up litter. The event will be held rain or shine.
There will be at two locations:
Police Department Parking Lot, 6600 Courthouse Road, Prince George, VA 23875
- Car and light truck tires
- Truck tires
- Farm tractor and implement tires
Industrial tires used on logging and construction equipment will not be accepted.
Tires with rims will not be accepted.
- Oil-based paints
- Paint thinners and solvents
- Unwanted fuels (gasoline, kerosene)
- Unwanted household cleaners (oven, drain, floor)
- Chemistry sets, photographic chemicals
- Brake fluid
Please bring materials in original containers.
Certain materials will not be accepted: dioxins, kepone, radioactive material, explosives, shock-sensitive materials.
Note: Latex paints can be allowed to dry/harden and then placed with household trash any time of year.
- Personal documents
Paper clips and staples may be left in papers.
No cardboard, binders or computer-related materials will be accepted.
Prince George Convenience Center, 3100 Union Branch Road, South Prince George, VA 23805
There will be no charge for these items on April 16, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Normal household trash
- White goods (appliances, air conditioners, freezers, etc.)
- Yard debris (limbs and branches less than 3 inches in diameter)
- Household goods (mattresses, box springs, etc.)
- Electronics (TVs, computers, etc.)