NO NEED TO SORT! CVWMA’s Residential Recycling (Curbside) is single stream.
You can place all accepted recyclables in the same recycling container (bin, cart, personal container) and place out for recycling on your collection day.
On Recycling Collection Day
- Place your bin, cart, or container out for collection, rain or shine, before 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
- If your trash is collected on the same day, please separate your trash container and recycling container by at least 5 feet so that neither collection crew mistakes one for the other.
- Flatten cardboard boxes and place them beside your recycling container if do not fit inside the container.
- Be careful not to cause litter! If you are using an open container (such as a bin, personal tote), please place light items like plastic bottles, cups, cartons, containers and loose paper in the bottom of the container under heavier items like magazines and glass bottles so that nothing blows out of your open container.
- Please do not cover your open recycling container (s) when it rains.
- For any changes in your collection day because of a holiday, click here.
- Call CVWMA at (804) 340-0900 for any collection service issues on your collection day. Our Customer Service representatives will assist you.
- Stay Connected with CVWMA. We want to help you recycle better. Take advantage of our free resources.
Is your container overflowing?
If you are using green recycling bin and need additional containers, you can use paper grocery bags or any personal rigid container of your choice. We recommend sturdy plastic totes and small trash cans like those pictured to the right. They can be anything convenient to you, but we ask that containers LARGER THAN 40 gallons must have a steel bar for easy tipping, please. They don’t even have to be green! Please remove any lids to these containers before placing them on your collection day.
Make sure everyone knows it’s a recycling container!
Your family, friends and CVWMA collection drivers will appreciate knowing you use this personal container for recycling. Clearly mark your extra containers with these free stickers from CVWMA. Complete the online form or call CVWMA at (804) 340-0900 to request your free recycling stickers.
Please do not place extra recyclables in plastic bags.
Return plastic bags to most grocery stores (or better yet, ask for paper!) Plastic bags are not recyclable in our program and cause equipment failure at the processing facility.