Many local governments operate residential refuse collection sites, called transfer stations or convenience centers, to enable residents to easily dispose of household trash and other items. CVWMA has established a contract for the collection and hauling away of waste collected at these centers. For information about fees or operating hours for these facilities, please visit your locality page or contact your local government staff directly.
Many counties and cities offer these sites – the following are specifically operated under a contract through CVWMA.
Participating Jurisdictions and Sites:
- Northern Area Convenience Center, 3200 Warbro Road
- Southern Area Convenience Center, 6700 Landfill Road
- Transfer Station, Rte. 632 (Fairgrounds Rd) near Rte. 522
New Kent County
- Rte. 612 Transfer Station, near airport
- Main Transfer Station, Rte 618
- Rte. 634 Transfer Station, near regional jail
- Transfer Station, intersection of Rte. 647 and Rte. 60
- Convenience Center, 2407 Mitchell Road, off Rte. 60
Prince George County
- As of 3/30/12 Prince George no longer participates in CVWMA programs