Location: Richmond, VA
The Central Virginia Waste Management Authority (CVWMA) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Recycling Coordinator. CVWMA is a regional public service authority that implements recycling and solid waste management services to 13 member governments. The successful candidate will be someone who can juggle multiple tasks and bridge the operations, education and outreach functions of the organization, with the ultimate goal of increasing recycling activity in the region. Submit cover letter and resume to Executive Director Kim Hynes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.
General Definition of Work
The Recycling Coordinator will perform professional work in assisting in the coordination and facilitation of the Authority’s recycling programs provided to member jurisdictions. Work is performed under the general direction and supervision of the Executive Director.
The following functions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Assists in the management of recycling programs, including but not limited to coordinating service contractors, localities and the Authority and resolving concerns and issues with the public, contractor and locality representatives.
- Assists in education and public information necessary to effectively facilitate and enhance recycling and waste diversion initiatives of the Authority.
- Represents the Authority at public events, community meetings and other engagements to promote waste reduction and recycling as well as educate on Authority programs.
- Provides training to employees, localities and other groups on recycling and solid waste management best practices.
- Researches, compiles and reports data for use in establishing best practices for new programs and services to further the Authority’s mission and makes recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Responds to inquiries from the public and CVWMA localities.
- Assists in the design of education and outreach materials.
- Coordinates and helps implement future programs and services that increase access to recycling to Central Virginians.
- Networks and collaborates with counterparts in other parts of the state and country that will benefit the Authority in increasing recycling and sustainable materials management.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
General knowledge of Authority programs, policies and structure; knowledge of recycling and solid waste management concepts and best practices; is project oriented, ability to use office equipment, computer and associated software; ability to gather and analyze facts on a variety of subject matter and to assemble and present concise reports and presentations; ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing; ability to perform and organize work independently; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with locality staff, contractors, vendors, associates, the media and the general public; ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with coursework in environmental, engineering, business administration, education, communications and/or related fields.