- Create Lower Disposal Costs
- Save Money by Eliminating Unnecessary Items
- Lower Costs By Buying Bulk or Using Minimal Packaging
- Lower Costs By Reusing Products and Supplies
- Receive Revenue From Recovered Materials
- Lower Costs By Purchasing Products Made from Recovered Materials
- Create Your Own Signs for Recycling Containers
- Free Recycling Posters (from PlanetPals)
- Full Circle Recycling Guide (from Aveda)
- Implementing a Successful School Recycling Program: Handbook for Teachers and Schools
- Recycling Containers for Schools,Parks, and Offices
- Reuse+Recycling=Waste Reduction, A Guide for Schools and Groups
- School Recycling Resources for Faculty and Staff (U.S. EPA)
- Terra Cycle: Eliminate Those Hard to Recycle Waste Items
- Think Green: A Guide to Living at VCU
- Virginia Recycling Association (VRA)- School Recycling Toolkit
Two of our contactors that you see listed below provide School Recycling services. There is a cost.
Offer Office Paper, Cardboard and Commerical/Multi-Family Recycling services as well as School recycling.
12206 Old Stage Road, Chester, VA 23836(804) 706-5877
Offer Business and Multi-Family recycling.
13200 Ramblewood Drive, Chester, VA 23836 (804) 748-8324
The Benefits of Starting a School Recycling Program
There are many advantages, financial and otherwise, an organization can experience after implementing a program to reduce, reuse and recycle!
You will need to discuss your plans with school/university administation, so be equipped with the beneficial infomation to help your conversation go smoothly. One last tip: Encourage your local government to provide recycling at schools and county offices! Have students write letters to local officials asking that recycling be provided since Virginia Standards of Learning require students be taught the value of recycling.